- Most of the time there is little or no cost involved to the end user
- It supports and promotes green and Corporate Social Responsibility policies, carbon management programmes and sustainability
- It adds value to your offering to your clients and yet often costs you nothing
- You receive a certificate at the end of the year showing the Carbon Saved and Land Preserved – great for PR and Marketing
- You don’t have to do anything – just tell us you want your project carbon balanced – we will do the rest
- You help the World Land Trust preserve endangered habitats
Carbon Balancing – what is it?
Carbon offsetting (balancing) is a process whereby an individual or company takes action to prevent the release of emissions elsewhere, or secures the absorption of atmospheric carbon dioxide, of an amount that matches or exceeds their own unavoidable emissions.
Source WLT Website 2013.
Carbon balanced paper is where the carbon impact of a paper product has been estimated and balanced. In using a balanced paper you will be helping the World Land Trust preserve endangered rainforests and habitats.
As a Carbon Balanced Publication printer we have mapped our operational carbon footprint to defined boundaries and it has been verified by the ECCM and we have offset these impacts with the World Land Trust allowing us to Carbon Balance the entire project, not just the paper. Click here to view the Kingfisher Case Study.
What’s the benefit?
The value is in handing your client a certificate at the end of the year that states in using, for example, revive 100 (which is 100% recycled stock) for their printed projects throughout the year, they could have saved XX kgs of carbon and helped the World Land Trust preserve XX square metres of endangered rainforest.
We provide a certificate which can be used for PR and Marketing, blogging, tweeting and websites. Its a fabulous way to promote and support green and CSR policies and in most cases it costs you and your client virtually nothing!
Kingfisher Press will register the job for you, provide a logo for you to use if you wish, and provide the facts and figures for your PR along with a certificate at the end of year.
Contact us now for more information.