Tips for supplying artwork files to Kingfisher
If you have any questions or queries regarding supplying artwork, please do not hesitate to contact us either by email email@example.com or call us on 01284 748 210.
- Please ensure all folders are zipped before being uploaded to our FTP site. Single PDF files do not need to be zipped.
- Your document size should be the same size as the finished job, e.g. if your job is a business card which is 55mm x 90mm then it should be created in a document of this size.
- If your job consists of a range of items with different finished sizes then these should be supplied in the appropriate size documents, e.g. a letterhead in an A4 document and a compliments slip in a 99mm x 210mm document.
- Please do not gang up smaller items in a bigger document, e.g. if you have 10 business cards they should each be in a document of the correct size instead of being placed in columns and rows on an A4 sheet. We will carry out any imposition work required.
- Be sure to add bleed to your pages (where appropriate).
- Quark Xpress files should be supplied with all relative fonts and pictures by performing a “Collect for Output”. InDesign files should be supplied in the same way by using the “Package” function.
- If you are supplying PDF’s we have a set of export settings for Quark and InDesign which are available for download – please see these below. This will ensure that your files are saved in a format that best suits our requirements.
- If your job contains information for a decorative finish (such as spot UV varnish) or a die cutting guide please make sure that this is easily distinguishable. The best way to do this is to set the appropriate elements to print in a spot colour (orange 021 is popular) and be set to overprint.
- When creating die cutting guides please make sure that all lines are ‘joined’.
- Please ensure all folders are compressed (either “zipped” or “stuffed”) before being uploaded to our FTP site. Single PDF files do not need to be compressed.